Peer Review Policy
Criteria For Publication
The article submitted in the category of 'Original Research' presents scientific research of high quality. The experiments performed, analysis and statistical analyses should comply to the high technical standards and must be explained clearly and in sufficient details. IJEHSR encourages the use of simple language and small phrases. IJEHSR expects that regardless of category, the content submitted have not been published elsewhere. If the results have been presented as an abstract in a conference, it should be declared at the time of submission.
The manuscripts submitted in IJEHSR are read by the editorial staff. Only those papers that meet the editorial criteria are sent for formal review. Those papers judged by the editors to be of insufficient general interest or otherwise inappropriate are rejected promptly without external review or may be sent back to author for the initial revision. Manuscripts judged to be of potential interest to our readership are sent typically to two or three reviewers.
The editors then make a decision based on the reviewers' advice, from among several possibilities:
- Accept, with or without editorial revisions
- Accept, but indicate to the authors that further work might justify a resubmission
- Reject, typically on grounds of specialist interest, lack of novelty, insufficient conceptual advance or major technical and/or interpretational problems
Reviewers are the key professionals in the peer review process. The editorial decision of whether to accept, reject or defer the article mainly depend upon the comments of the reviewers. Once the article passed the in-house check, the editorial board select the reviewers for the peer review process. The selection of the reviewer not only depends on the relevance of the article to the expertise of the reviewer but also the reputation and past experience of IJEHSR with the respective reviewer.
- IJEHSR has the policy of blind peer review process and hence, the reviewers are requested to treat the article under process with confidentiality.
- The reviewers are supposed to give their expert opinion about various aspects of the manuscript under consideration for publication including Study Design, Methodology, Statistical Analysis & Other relevant technical details.
- IJEHSR is an international publication and so it is important that reviewers evaluate the study from an international perspective. A reviewer should take into account the main results of the study and give feedback while comparing it with the existing literature. The results obtained from regional studies should be viewed in a broader context to generalize the outcome of the study.
- Though clarity of the references is the responsibility of authors, however, reviewers are expected to do a rigorous check to assure that references comply the guidelines of IJEHSR and are listed without any ambiguity.
- Beside technicalities of the paper, the reviewers should also give feedback over general issues like language, whether it is simple enough for non-technical professionals to understand or not, the authors have dealt with the topic rationally or not, authors have provided a decent background of the study or not, etc.
- The usual time to review the paper is three weeks after the reviewer accepts an invitation. IJEHSR expects that reviewers keep their commitment to submit the reviews within the set deadline. Efficient feedback is mandatory for the fast processing of the article and prompt response to the authors.
- The comments are communicated to authors without editing. Such communication is important to improve the manuscript. The paper is not accepted until reviewers are satisfied with the explanation of authors.
If the reviewer is unable to keep up the commitment, the editorial board reserves the right to exclude him/her from the panel of IJEHSR without any prior notice.