Guide to Reviewers
Reviewers are the key professionals in the peer review process. The editorial decision of whether to accept, reject or defer the article mainly depend upon the comments of the reviewers.
Once the article passed the in-house check, the editorial board select the reviewers for the peer review process. The selection of the reviewer not only depend on the relevance of the article to the expertise of the reviewer but also the reputation and past experience of IJEHSR with the respective reviewer.
- IJEHSR has the policy of blind peer review process and hence, the reviewers are requested to treat the article under process with confidentiality.
- The reviewers are supposed to give their expert opinion about various aspects of the manuscript under consideration for publication including, a) study design, b) methodology, c) statistical analysis, etc. and any other relevant technical details which might have an impact on the study.
- IJEHSR is an international publication and so it is important that reviewers evaluate the study in an international perspective. Reviewer should take into account the main results of the study and give feedback while comparing it with the existing literature. The results obtained from regional studies should be viewed in a broader context to generalize the outcome of the study.
- Though clarity of the references is the responsibility of authors, however, reviewers are expected to do a rigorous check to assure that references comply the guidelines of IJEHSR and are listed without any ambiguity.
- Beside technicalities of the paper, the reviewers should also give feedback over general issues including, a) the language, whether it is simple enough for non-technical professionals to understand or not, b) whether the authors have dealt with the topic rationally or not, c) whether authors have provided decent background of the study or not, etc.
- The usual time to review the paper is three weeks after the reviewer accepts invitation. IJEHSR expects that reviewers keep their commitment to submit the reviews within the set deadline. Efficient feedback is mandatory for the fast processing of the article and prompt response to the authors.
- The comments are communicated to authors without editing. Such communication is important to improve the manuscript. The paper is not accepted until reviewers are satisfied with the explanation of authors.
If the reviewer is unable to keep up the commitment, the editorial board reserves the right to exclude him/her from the panel of IJEHSR without any prior notice.
Acknowledgement of the Reviewers:
Names of reviewers selected for the Review Board will only appear on the website under Review Board section of The Editorial Board and is published in the printed copy of the journal (particular issue).
Due to the large number of reviewers, it is not possible to put the names of all the reviewers on the website or printed copy of the journal. IJEHSR does not offer any kind of monetary benefits to reviewers. The selection is at the sole discretion of the editorial board. No appeals are entertained in this regard.
IJEHSR has a policy of blind review. So, being the associated staff member does not have any impact on the review process and the editorial decision of the articles submitted by any of the associated staff members.
It is mandatory for the reviewers to have research experience proved by their recent publications. IJEHSR prefers professionals with doctorate diploma or doctoral candidates who are in process to complete their diploma but have 3 years or more research experience.
If you think you are professionally groomed enough and spare sometime for the exciting position of a reviewer for the growing international publication, send your CV.
The selection of the reviewer is solely at the discretion of the editorial board of IJEHSR. In case of rejection to application, IJEHSR does not entertain the appeals in this regard.